Sunday 7 December 2014

A Writing Update #3

I was ill for three weeks straight *sigh*. Am better now, so this was what happened since the last update (I'll be posting these every other week on Sunday).

Writing
It went a little like this:
Credit: other-side-of-the-universe.com
  • September/Early October: wrote some pretty good essays, but otherwise my creativity levels were pretty dire. Dug out a novella I wrote 2 years ago and started rewriting/re-editing it, but deadlines paused my progress.
  • Mid October: picked up free-writing - I brain-dump words for 10 minutes in the morning everyday. 
  • Late October to mid November: doing a creative writing module for my course, finally managed to come up ideas.
  • Late November: SO MANY IDEAS ALL AT ONCE. Now potentially writing a radio play, drafting ideas for a theatre play and two short stories. I don't know how this happened.
I've had an idea at the back of my head for a long time - wanted to write the story but it just didn't seem to work. A theatre writing workshop later, and I found the medium for the idea. Writing for screen/radio/theatre and creating a novel/novella/short story/poem uses different techniques and certain mediums brings out certain aspects of the story. So, note to self: experiment more.

Music
Lorde is my queen. Pure Heroine is my go-to album for everything; background music, chillout music, studying soundtrack, when I'm doing the dishes - I love it. It's dark, strange and just gorgeous.

Am addicted to 'Yellow Flicker Beat', her latest song - the music video is spectacular.

Real Life and Other Nonsense
  • Making my first every Christmas list! It's such a long list - there's 3 items on it! A good camera, Scrivener, and a flask (green tea on the go = day made). 
  • I've signed up to 2 Christmas society dinners and a Secret Santa. I'm feeling...festive?


Madness. Happy December to y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment