Sunday 17 May 2015

Writing Update #10

Exams are over. I don't have to study any more.

I don't know what to do with my life now.

Writing
  • Remember I talked about writing a radio play? That never happened because I couldn't get the story to work and I just had no time to write it. I might try again this year, but I'm not sure.
  • Just wrote an article on the Met Gala and cultural appropriation, that should go up on the student newspaper soon and it'll be in my online portfolio (see the tab on the top).
  • I wrote a short story for a competition, which never received any success. For a writing workshop, we had to adapt a previous piece of work into a screen script and it worked...really well. I'll be redoing it and sending it in. It's a futuristic piece, set in a world where there's a shortage of clean air. Hopefully should be easy to make? We'll see.
Music
  • I've just been playing the ukulele a lot (I have this beautiful white Octopus ukulele). This channel is excellent if you want to learn:



Real Life and Other Nonsense
  • I've been immensely lonely for the last month - I stayed on campus for a few weeks when everyone was gone. Then, I went home as most of my friends were leaving to go back to their uni's, and I was too busy with revision to meet up with many people. Upon returning, we were all shut up revising. However, friends are emerging and a little group of us went to the beach, which was lovely.
  • I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST. It took 3 attempts, but I did it! I won't be able to afford a car for a long time, so we had pizza to celebrate instead.
  • Still learning French on Duolingo. The experience chart on the side is really useful - it makes me want to keep up the streak. I can now say "the cat eats the mouse" in French. 
Have a lovely day - don't let your cat eat mice.

No comments:

Post a Comment