Friday 1 May 2015

Very First Attempt At A 'Shopping Haul' Post

I finally went shopping and thought I'd share what I got! Don't expect too many of these posts - I've barely bought anything aside from groceries since January and I'm a student with little money. Also, I really hate the word 'haul' for some reason.

It's actually really hard to do those perfect photographs where all your purchases are neatly laid out


- Basket, magazine file, mirror.
My home town is blessed with an Ikea, and it's still a goal of mine to play hide-and-seek overnight there. Anyway, there's a Bargain Corner where you can pick up slightly damaged/previously on display furniture for a lower price. I found the basket for half-price and the magazine file for 50p (ex-display). I've been needing a table mirror for makeup - this was full price, but only £3.50.

- All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher.
This book has been selling out EVERYWHERE - it's currently number one in the non-fiction chart with fantastic reviews. It's basically a best friend/big sister in a book. I went into my Waterstones' at 11.30am and already there were only two left! I'm really looking forward to reading it, I've been following her twitter as she wrote and illustrated it between performing as Eponine, so I'm really happy it's going so well and I look forward to reading it.

The Big Issue
I really like reading these - it's a really good read, and I like meeting the vendors. It's a magazine sold by homeless and long-term unemployed people, allowing them to work and take control of their lives.

- Kimono
I've been after a kimono for a while and I found this beauty on the sale rack in Oasis, one of my favourite clothes stores. It's generally too expensive for me (I tend to just go in and creepily stroke all the clothes in admiration) but this was actually affordable at £12!

- Leggings
I think we all struggle with finding long-lasting leggings. At my school, the elastic in the fabric would snap over time, and it looked like all the girls a furry behind. I've heard great things about leggings in the Sport section in H&M, so I picked up a copy. It's incredibly comfortable like a second skin and feels strong. Even though it's from the Sport section, there aren't any go-faster stripes down the sides. The only downside is that the cuffs at the very bottom of the leggings curve out slightly, rather than hugging your legs.


The things are lovely, but I was just happy to get out of the house. I'd been stuck inside reading 17-18th century plays and a ton of literary criticism, so wandering around town made me feel so much better.

Hope you're all doing well in this exam period, and make sure to take breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment