Sunday 16 August 2015

Writing Update #12

Haven't done one in a while, so let's go!

Writing
  • I've set myself a target of writing 5 scripts this summer - I've written 3 so far. One was for radio, a sci-fi set in space and the other two are for TV; a series of Halloween themed sketches and another one set in the future where clean air is a commodity.
  • Still writing for The Public Reviews, been going to Edinburgh previews and providing feedback for companies before they went up to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Sadly, I'm too southern and poor to go up there. 
  • I've had an idea for a novel for a very long time, and I've finally started on it. As it's early days, I won't disclose too much, as new ideas are always fragile. But, I'm announcing that it exists so I commit to it. 

Music
  • My uni's male acapella group, Semi-Toned are really good. One of my friends is in it, and their mash-up of Rich Man by Gwen Stefani and  Eve & Fiddler on the Roof currently has over 55,000 views on YouTube. They won Overall UK University Champions at this year's Voice Festival and are selling out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe. Check them out:


Real Life and Other Nonsense
  • I have a real job now! I work in an office and basically help everyone. Lots of filing and photocopying. Paper cuts sustained: 2. 
  • Suffering from envy as everyone is going to Summer In The City or Edinburgh Fringe. 
  • Been playing around with shooting videos and editing, so look out for things related to that!

Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment